Vinh (the crazy flashlight guru) wanted something different---something crazy---he got it, and now you can have one too! 28x XHP35 HI LEDs underneath LEDIL 10 degree optics gives you a ton of output with a good mid-range beam with a smooth transition. If you want a mid-range cool/neutral monster, this light is the hot ticket. Approximately 15% more output than the standard 18" LITEbar.
Video review & beamshot by Vinh:
Q: What makes the V54 Special Edition light bar different than the normal 18" MTN LITEbar?
There are two primary differences between the standard 18" bar the V54 Special Edition:
1. LEDs: The standard bars use Nichia 219C 5000K LEDs, while the V54 Edition uses XHP35 HI LEDs. The XHP35 LEDs are capable of a bit more output, but they are also much more expensive. You gain around 15% more lumens and 10% more spot intensity than the standard version (which is already more than twice as much as any other 18" bar has).
2. Optics: The V54 Edition uses LEDIL TIR 10 degree spot optics instead of the combination smooth/orange-peel reflectors that are used in the other lights. The hotspot is a little bigger on the V54 edition, with a little less spill width. Overall, the beams are fairly similar, but the standard bar gives you a little smaller spot and a bit wider spill.
Because this is a build-to-order light that we do not normally stock, it will take 2-5 business days for us to build and test this light before shipment.
- 28x XHP35 HI 5700K LEDs
- 35,000 LED Lumens
- LEDIL 10 Degree TIR Optics
- Dimmable - User Programmable Modes
- Available with 1, 2, or 3 normal modes.
- To select number of modes, simply hold switch for approximately four seconds to enter programming mode.
- After the light gives a quick flash, within the 5 second programming time click the switch to indicate the number of modes:
- 1 Mode = 1 Click
- 2 Modes = 2 Clicks
- 3 Modes = 3 Clicks
- Hidden "Indicator" or "Moonlight" Mode
- To access "indicator" mode, hold switch for approximately two seconds.
- Low voltage protection
- Integrated temperature protection
- ~325W total output; 30A peak amp draw @12V input
- Body width: 19.3"
- Body depth: 3.5"
- Body height: 3.1"
- Mounting hole spacing (center-to-center): 21.75"
- Body weight: 3.9 Lbs
- Converter box dimensions: 6" Length, 3.5" Width, 2" Height
- Operating Temperature Range: -10F - 120F
The MTN LITEbar kit includes all of the parts you need to run the LITEbar, except for custom mounting solutions.
- LITEbar Body
- LITEbar Converter w/ (4) 5/8" x 1/4-20 Screws
- 7-Wire Extension Cable, Pre-Terminated (unless not necessary, see below)
- Battery Cable w/ Inline Fuse
- Waterproof Switch Assembly
- Mounting Bolts
- Mounting Brackets
- Rubber Insulators
- Zip Ties
- Owner's Manual
- MTN LITEbar Stickers
- Ext. Cord Length: This is the cord that connects between the converter and LITEbar. There is already ~18" worth of cable on the LITEbar & converter; subtract that amount from the cable length you order. If your distance will be 18" or less, then you don't need an extension cord.
- Battery Connection Type: We'll help you get connected to your battery with a variety of different connection options.
- 1/4" Lug
- 5/16" Lug
- 3/8" Lug
- None: Bare Tinned Wire End
- Batt. Cable Length: This is the cable that connects between your battery and the converter.
- What is involved in installation? What tools do I need? Beyond custom brackets, pretty much everything else you need to install the LITEbar is included. You need some common tools, like wrenches and a drill. Please see the Owner's Manual PDF for more information.
- How do I know what length extension cable to order?
To measure the length of extension cord you will need (or if you need an extension cord at all),
- Figure out where you will place your converter, then figure out where you will mount it. The Owner's Manual may be helpful in deciding which location would be best.
- Figure out the route that your cable will have to take from the converter to the LITEbar.
- Using a wire or string, trace the route of the cable.
- Measure the length of the wire/string, then subtract 18". Most converter & LITEbar assemblies have ~18"-24" of combined cable already installed, so if your run is 18" or less you will not need an extension cable.
- Select the appropriate cable length (length of run minus 18").
- What if I order the wrong length cables? See the 14-Day Cable Exchange Plan, below.
Each MTN LITEbar 18" "V54 Special" Series + Converter is covered by a Limited Warranty. This warranty covers all defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase, during which time the manufacturer will cover all labor, parts, and shipping costs related to the repair or replacement of the LITEbar assembly. After the initial 1 year period has passed, for an additional period of 4 years (5 years after the date of purchase), the manufacturer will cover the cost of parts only, with the costs of shipping and labor not being covered under the Limited Warranty.
The Limited Warranty does not cover any accidental damage caused by excessive heat, vibration, sun damage, collision, road debris, etc. This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by incorrect installation. Additionally, this warranty does not cover paint fading or glass yellowing or other glass damage.
14-Day Cable Exchange Plan
Order an MTN LITEbar system and get the wrong length extension cord or battery cable? No problem! Contact us within 14 days of the receipt of your kit and we will exchange your incorrect cord for one of the correct length (plus a small fee if the replacement is significantly longer). To schedule an exchange, please contact us. If it has been longer than 14 days after receipt, then you will have to purchase a new cord here.
18" - MTN LITEbar - V54 Special
- Product Code: MTN-LB-18-V54
- Availability: 2